Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Readings for the day: Kilala Kita

Because God is the witness of his inmost self
and the sure observer of his heart
and the listener to his tongue.
Wisdom 1


Even before a word is on my tongue,
behold, O LORD, you know the whole of it.
Psalm 139




I enter cynically into a session on prayer for college freshmen.
The Jesuit says, ok, let's pray over Psalm 139, better known as Yahweh, I know you are near. And I say to myself, yeah. yeah. yeah. God's love. Yadida.
But then as the passage is read, a phrase that isn't even on the text (which was in English) pops up in my mind.
Leland, kilala kita.
And that simple phrase stuns me and makes me stop (and find time to stop)
Surprised again. By definition, it comes when you least expect it.




Kilala Kita.

Bago ka pa man magsalita
alam ko na ang sasabihin mo
o ang gusto mong sabihin
at hindi mo masabi.

Alam ko rin kung bakit iniisip mong
hindi mo puwedeng sabihin ang hindi mo sinasabi.

Kilala kita.


Pinagmamasdan kita

At alam ko na kung ano ang iniisip mo 
kapag ika'y nakatunganga
o tila baga'y nawawala sa sarili mong mundo.

Pinagmamasdan kita.


Naiintindihan kita.

Nababatid ko sa 'yong mukha, sa 'yong mata, sa 'yong tindig
kung ano ang nararamdaman mo.
Kilala ko na ang iba't'iba mong ngiti na may iba't-ibang kabuluhan.
Ang iba't-iba mong katahimikan na may iba't-ibang kabuluhan.

Naiintindihan kita.


Kilala kita. 
Kilala kita. 





(first posted on Facebook; meant for Monday, November 7)

No comments:

Post a Comment