Saturday, November 19, 2011

Psalm for the Day: Feudal Lord II

Like I said in Feudal Lord I, one of the best take-aways I had from college was the thought that the Old Testament was revelation but was incomplete revelation. 


Today's Psalm shows this again with all this talk about enemies being turned back, stumbling and perishing before God; the enemy vanishing in everlasting ruins, their cities rooted out. 


I will be glad and exult in thee, I will sing praise to thy name, O Most High. 
When my enemies turned back, they stumbled and perished before thee.
For thou hast maintained my just cause; thou hast sat on the throne giving righteous judgment. 
The enemy have vanished in everlasting ruins; their cities thou hast rooted out; the very memory of them has perished. 
The LORD has made himself known, he has executed judgment; the wicked are snared in the work of their own hands.  
Arise, O LORD! Let not man prevail; let the nations be judged before thee!
Psalms 9: 2 - 4, 6, 16, 19


Contrast that with Jesus in Luke 6:



But to you who hear I say, love your enemies, do good to those who hate you,
bless those who curse you, pray for those who mistreat you.
To the person who strikes you on one cheek, offer the other one as well, and from the person who takes your cloak, do not withhold even your tunic.
Give to everyone who asks of you, and from the one who takes what is yours do not demand it back.


No comments:

Post a Comment