Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Gospel for the Day: Life Is Not At All That Bad


Someone posted this link on Facebook: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/ocean-robbins/having-gratitude-_b_1073105.html and I remember really liking it when I first read it. For about two or three days, I found myself taking time out to be thankful for various stuff.


But after a while, circumstances made it harder and harder for me to be thankful for anything and soon I found myself in a rut which I find myself falling into once in a while. 


One morning, I woke up and remembered a line from a song, "If you believe there's someone who walks through life with you". Then I remembered the rest of the song and realized that it helped.


Especially the first line: Life is not at all that bad, my friend. And when I really think about it, life is really not at all that bad. Now I find that when I'm not feeling particularly grateful, thinking about the different ways in which life is not at all that bad helps me to regain some semblance of gratitude. 


(I was thinking of posting a Youtube link to the song but Basil Valdez's version is way too dramatic for my tastes and Gary V's version is too hip. Also didn't post Balang Araw two days ago because Bukas Palad's version is too happy and certain for me) 


Lift Up Your Hands

Life is not all that bad, my friend,
If you believe in yourself
If you believe there's Someone
Who walks through life without you
You'll never be alone
Just learn to reach out,
And open your heart
Lift up hands to God,
And He'll show you the way.

And He said, "Cast your burdens upon Me
Those who are heavily laden,
Come to Me, all of you who are tired
Of carrying heavy loads,
For the yoke I will give you is easy
And My burden is light,
Come to Me and I will give you rest."

When you feel the world
Is tumblin' down on you,
And you have no one
That you can hold on to,
Just face the rising sun
And you'll see hope,
And there's no need to run
Lift up your hands to God,
And He'll make you feel all right.

And He said, "Cast your burdens upon Me
Those who are heavily laden,
Come to Me, all of you who are tired
Of carrying heavy loads,
For the yoke I will give you is easy
And My burden is light,
Come to Me and I will give you rest."

No comments:

Post a Comment